Food Type: French
Glass Price: £ 5.00 (175 ml)
Phone number: +44 (0) 20 7629 2999
Driven by the work of natural wine evangelist Isabelle Legeron MW, Hibiscus picked up the natural wine baton relatively early on the restaurant scene.
By the glass listings are a joy: Henri Milan's 'Le Vallon' from Provence, Château Le Puy St-Emilion, Casino Tajvin's Barbera d'Asti 'La Bandita'.
Orange wines get good representation from Colombaia in Tuscany to Radikon's thrilling Chardonnay/Friulano blend 'Slating'. Piedrasassi's skin contact Sauvignon Blanc from the Central Coast sums up the daring and innovative wines that are in the cellar.
A list that doesn't waver from its principles at any point and will be a real education for many, even self-confessed wine nerds. Fascinating.
By Zeren Wilson
• Cédric Bouchard 'Inflorescence' NV - sparkling -
• Savigny-Lès-Beaune 2011, Le Grappin, Burgundy, France - white -
• 'Tonnara' 2012, Ericina, Sicily, Italy - white -
• Ribolla 2005, Josko Gravner, Friuli-Venezia, Italy - white -
• Barbaresco 2010, Olek Bondonio, Piemonte, Italy - red -
• Jurançon 2007, Domaine de Souch, Pyrenées, France - white -