Social Wine and Tapas
Food Type: Spanish
Glass Price: £ 5.50 (125 ml)
Phone number: +44 (0)20 7993 3257
From the first listings of sparkling wines it’s clear that this list isn’t fumbling: Bride Valley from Steven Spurrier, Francis Boulard’s Brut Nature Champagne, and artisan Cava from Franck Massard. By-the-glass listings are particularly eclectic, taking in everything from Catalonia to Hungary, via the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon. Tempting wine flights
are assembled with themes including ‘Skin Contact’, ‘Madeira’ and ‘Different Styles of Jura’.
The Loire leaning reflects the sommelier’s background, which includes her own bottling of white and red Anjou, Clos de L’Elu. There is also a substantial list on Coravin – which allows Patry to serve DRC by the glass.
The list sashays through classic styles and appellations, while taking the zeitgeist of ‘natural’ and ‘funkier’ growers, ensuring you will find a partner to tasty tapas such as salted cod brandade, or larger plates including whole roast lemon sole with garlic.
• Cava Mas Sardana, Franck Massard, Terra Alta - Spain - sparkling - £39
• La Justice, 2013, Domaine de Bellevue, Loire - France - white - £70
• Clones, 2014, Channing Daughters, Long Island - USA - white - £79
• Ferrer Bobet, 2012, Priorat DOCa - Spain - red - £110
• Liger-Belair, 2008, Corton Grand Cru, Burgundy - France - red - £165