Food Type: European
Glass Price: £ 9.50 (175 ml)
Phone number: +44 (0)20 7499 3331
This supermodel of a collection is curated by sommelier Elvis Ziakos. On it, cool oceans of Chablis include a startlingly large François Raveneau vertical, which would add citrus zip to classically-trained chef Arnaud Bignon’s subtly Asian-influenced, French-rooted dishes, including wild turbot with golden matcha tea and cauliflower.
Burgundy listings are, overall, eye-poppingly exciting, with older vintages of these and iconic Bordeaux being in plentiful supply. The huge listing of Penfolds Grange dating to 1961 must be one of the largest in existence.
A list that struts with its chest puffed out and head held high – pretty much peerless.
• Cuvée Blanc de Blanc, NV, Besserat De Bellefon, Champagne - France - sparkling - £190
• François Raveneau, 2010, 'Blanchots', Burgundy - France - white - £750
• Kistler, 2012, Chardonnay, Durell Vineyard, California - USA - white - £330
• Domaine Mas de Daumas Gassac, 1982, Languedoc - France - red - £850
• Tapanappa, 2008, Whalebone Vineyard, Wrattonbully - Australia - red - £105
• VT Goldert, 2006, Gewürztraminer, Zind-Humbrecht, Alsace - France - sweet - £140