Food Type: European
Glass Price: £ 8.00 (125 ml)
Phone number: +44 (0)20 7792 9090
Nigel Platts-Martin is one of the most meticulous restaurateurs around, and wine is always at the core of every one of his venues. Sommeliers are at the top of their game, stemware is perfect, and the selection is as deep as it is broad.
The wine list is overseen by head sommelier Seamus Williams-Sharkey, who began his career at The Dormy House in the Cotswolds before spending time at The Nut Tree Inn in Oxfordshire and Hampton Manor in Solihul. Before joining The Ledbury, Seamus was also head sommelier at Restaurant Story. The Ledbury has been buying in and storing wine religiously over the past 10 years, allowing it to pull out older vintages across the whole group.
• Bérèche et Fils, NV, Brut Reserve, Champagne - France - sparkling - £85
• Gaia e Rey, Gaja, 2011, Chardonnay, Piedmont - Italy - white - £275
• Château Yvonne, 2014 Saumur - France - white - £90
• Clos de La Bussière 1er Cru, G Roumier, 2005, Burgundy - France - red - £275
• Amarone, 2006, Viviani - Italy - red - £190
• Straw Wine, Mullineux, 2009, Swartland - South Africa - sweet - £75