Food Type: Mediterranean
Glass From : £ 5.50 (125 ml)
Phone number: +44 (0)207 935 4626
Based in Marylebone, it offers a Mediterranean menu with an Italian slant, alongside a continually evolving wine list numbering 250 wines and 40 Champagnes. Wines are divided by price, starting from £25- £35, and rising to £45-£70. At its backbone is a selection of carefully curated New- and Old World heavyweights and older vintages, interspersed with a number of more leftfield offers, which combine to create a list to get the tails of wine lovers wagging.
The Blandford Collection is reserved for its finest wines, with a selection of older vintages available at remarkable prices. A 1985 Vouvray Demi-Sec from the Loire, for example,
will set you back just £75, just one of this list’s many highlights. Delving into its fortified and sweet wine lists, a 1907 Blandy’s Bual for £50 a glass and a 1976 Château Suduiraut, just £21.50 for 100ml, are eye poppers.
• Drappier, Pinot Noir Zero Dosage, Brut Nature, NV, Champagne - France - sparkling - £79
• Pewsey Vale, Single Vineyard, 2015, Riesling, Eden valley - Australia - white - £40
• Dme Barmès Buecher, 2002, Gewurztraminer, Alsace - France - white - £59
• Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe, 1994, Châteauneuf-du-Pape - France - red - £110
• Palliser Estate, Pinot Noir, 2015, Martinborough - New Zealand - red - £50